[Gwi-jang] Zoid-Voltron Black Lion

 



This papercraft is a fan-art version of our favorite robot with an obvious Zoids flavor and aesthetic. The Zoid-Voltron is the work of the great Gwi-Jang, a Korean papercraft artist. What is most fascinating about this model apart from the cool redesign, is that it is a matter of fact the Five robot lions that can be combined into Voltron - made of paper! I myself have been drooling over this model ever since it came out years ago. But I couldn't get hold of it as I can't afford the high price of the template. And then, something happened in October 2021, when Gwi-Jang posted this on his Facebook (Google-translated):

"Apologies to those who bought Zoid-Voltron at an expensive price years ago. Living in the Corona era, everyone must be having a hard time. I've made a public decision in the hope that more people can enjoy a little pleasure as a result of my darkness. So I'm giving away my paper template for free. Please take it if you need it."

I.COULDN'T.BELIEVE.MY.EYES. Thank you very much Gwi-Jang for fulfilling our dream that day. I'm not sure what it is about your dark past that you spoke off, if it's about the expensive template, we never blame you for that. As an artist, you have every right to price your art how much you want it.

As for the free template you can refer to his original post here, where you can download all of his templates in a dropbox folder (Voltron and other stuff). What I'll be doing in the subsequent post is to separate the file for each lion for ease of download. The link below is for the Black Lion plus the body frame and the back Wing. 











Comments